wavemon is an ncurses-based monitoring application for wireless network devices. It was originally developed by Jan Morgenstern.
- overview screen, displaying all important information like device configuration, encryption and power management parameters and network information at once
- adaptive level bargraphs for link quality, signal/noise strength and signal-to-noise ratio
- customizeable “level alarm” feature that notices the user of changes in signal level strength audibly and/or visually
- full-screen level histogram displaying signal/noise levels and SNR
- list of access points in range
- menu-based configuration from within the program
wavemon is free software. It is distributed under the terms and licenses of GNU General Public License Version 2. See the file COPYING within the archive for details.
The latest stable version is 0.7.6, download the stable version here.
To install, simply type:
apt-get install wavemon
The development release is based the current git development tree (below).
You can download the current development version here.
curl https://codeload.github.com/uoaerg/wavemon/tar.gz/master | tar zx cd wavemon-master; ./configure && make && make install
Git development tree
The wavemon sources are maintained as a git repository which can be cloned via:
git clone https://github.com/uoaerg/wavemon.git
You can browse the wavemon tree here.